Sunday, February 1, 2009

A name is a name is a name .... or is it?

For the last couple of days I have been trying to come up with a cute, powerful, informative name for our rabbitry. I want to make sure that it will be something that we can live with and be proud to be associated with for many years. This is harder then it seems. I didn't want to use anything that was breed specific since although we have decided on the breed we are starting with, who knows if that will always be the breed we raise or if at sometime in the future we might have more then one breed. We want to make this a business so the name has to also sound professional.

On the ARBA web site they list all the currently registered rabbitry names. Some of these are very nice and some make me wonder if a 5 year came up with the name. When you send in your application for registration, you need to send in 3 names in the order you would like to have them in case your first or second choice is already taken. This is hard. It was hard enough coming up with one name let alone three and then having to wait for the mail to come back in with the final name for your business. I decided to try to call the ARBA Monday morning to see if I couldn't do this on the telephone instead of my mail. I have no patients and can't stand the thought of waiting 2 weeks to know.

So what did I pick? Sorry, superstitious here. Kind of like not telling what you wished for when you blow out the candles on your birthday cake. I do promise to SHOUT it for the roof top once I get the ok that it is official from the ARBA.

Do you want to see some of the names that other people have picked. Click here
http://www.arba.net/Rabbitries.htm

Ray has a goal this week to make as many rabbit cages as he can after work. We know we want at least 6 but I also know that if I find what I am looking for we might be coming home with more then that. I have fallen in love with the Jersey Woolies and the variety I like the best is the Broken.

I know we have so much to learn to be successful but I think that we are off to a good start. I have been able to make contact with some incredible people that are more then willing to share their expertise with me. THANK YOU ALL!

I promise this week to learn how to post pictures to this blog so that I will be all ready when I get home next weekend.

~Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment