Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year, a new me





Happy new year!


I am not sure that I have ever been happier to see a new year come in and an old one leave then I am this time.


2011 was NOT a good year for me.


For those who "know" me, they know that 2011 was a very hard one emotionaly and for even fewer it was also a hard one physically. BUT this is a new year and you can't start a new chapter without leaving the old one behind, so I will not talk about the old only the new.


I am living in Maryland now and loving it! This has been a goal of mine for as many years as I can remember. I now live only a stones throw from Ocean City and it is as close to heaven as I want to get for many years.


My new home is not much to look at and certainly wouldn't impress anyone - but it is home to me and I love it. We have 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths. A kitchen that holds a table large enough for all of us to eat together and a living room that the kids can do cart wheels in. Our neighbors are nice and the schools are excellent.


I can go to the beach every day or shop til I drop and then drive a few miles and be in the woods that surround my home. There are chicken houses in all directions, a few horse farms and some cows too. 200 yards from my front door is a boat launch that leads right to the bay. This is every thing I ever wanted, and more.


And yes, that girl in the photo is me at about 3 years old fishing right here near my new home. I was 6 weeks old when I came here and I sometimes I think I was born with salt water in my blood. This is home.



Anyway, a new year and a new me. Lets see what kind of trouble I can get into here.

~Just Me.









No comments:

Post a Comment