Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The STATS

Like most small time bloggers I check my "stats" page daily.  I like to see how many people are reading my blog, where they are from and how they got here.  Since I don't get many comments on my posts, this at least lets me know that people are reading what I write.

I get the most views from people in the United States, which is understandable since most of my friends live here but I was fascinated by the views I get from other countries - Since the beginning of this month I have gotten 249 from the United States, 82 from the Netherlands, 54 from Russia, 24 from Germany, 22 from France, 12 from Latvia, 11 from China, 11 from Georgia (the country not the state), 9 from Ukraine and 8 from Brazil.  I just hope that these people from around the world aren't judging people form the US solely by what I blog about.

I also get a report on what the use to get to me.  By far people use Internet Explorer the most.  Chrome came in second but it was a distant second with IE having 399 and Chrome only 85.  Firefox, Opera, Safari and NS8 are represented also.  I had never heard of Opera or NS8 before.

97% of my readers are Windows users with only 1% on MAC.

I even get a report of what people typed into the search engine that brought them to my blog. - "My hair cut", "a-frame rabbit barns",  "and full of", "arba.net", "movie with the phrase sissy lala", "my big fat butt song, "the feel or it all and finding", and "too cool for coats".

Now the fun part for me.  I get to see which posts are the most popular.  The top 5 so far this year are:  164 page views on my post BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE .   BOOK VS MOVIE - which is tied with SOMETIMES I WISH I WERE A MAN - Then we have LOST PASSIONS - and the # 5 spot goes to THE HAPPY INSIDE .   Click on each to read or reread them yourself.

So it leaves me to wonder WHY these 5 posts were the most popular? I can only think it has something to do with the title of the post and I ask my readers - "do you decide to read solely on the title of the post?"

Anyway - at least with this little STAT's tool, I know that somewhere out there someone is reading what I write and it gives me the encouragement to keep on writing.  THANKS!

~Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment