Friday, May 15, 2009

Love not like

It is not easy being a mom to 7 kids. I mean really if you were thrown into a house with 8 other people what are the odds that you would like everything about all of them. 20%, 10% how but 1%.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all my kids and my husband too. But I have to say that I don't always like them. I have begun using the phrase "You gotta love them - You don't gotta like them, but you gotta love them" all to often lately.

Does this make me a bad mom?

I was thinking as I was getting ready for bed last night - If I weren't their mom and they were someone else's kids, would I want to spend time with them? Well luckily for most of them, the answer was YES. BUT I have a few that I think I might want to avoid until they outgrew what ever drama stage they are in right now.

Can you love someone and really not like them? Ok, I am not talking loving an abusive partner, I am talking a kid.

1 comment:

  1. I think we've all said this about our kids at one time or another. And yes, with your child, it's possible. You love your kids from the start but things happen that you don't "like" very much. With other people, I think it's essential to like them before you love them...but your kids...you normally have unconditional love for them even when you don't like them very much!!

    ReplyDelete