Tuesday, January 24, 2012

VAPING

I am not sure if I every told you this, but when I was little I admired my grandmother (Mommom) so much that I vowed to be just like her when I grew up.

Her lifestyle was so different then what mine was growing up. My parents and of course my sister and I, struggled for everything we had.  Heat was even at times a luxury we couldn't afford.  There were no vacations, no credit cards and certainly no shopping for school clothes in the big department stores.  I learned at an early age not to ask for anything so I wouldn't be disappointed.  Both my parents worked, they just had jobs that didn't pay much more then what the every day bills demanded each month.

So when we would go visit my grandmother, I would sit and study her.  I would watch everything about her.  The way she walked and talked,  the way she sat in a chair. I studied her so that some day I could be just like her and never have to go without.  She had credit cards and a new car every other year. She was elegant and put together.  Her hair was always done up, her nails filed and painted, her clothes were stylish AND she always had a pack of  KENT cigarettes within arms reach.

As I teen there wasn't any hope that I could own a new car or a credit card but I could do my hair and nails.  I could walk with grace and talk with intelligence.  I could also have a pack of cigarettes always at arms reach - and I did.

I became a pack a day smoker in my teens.  This is one of only two regrets that I have in my life.

My grandmother eventualy quit smoking and of course that meant that I had to also, but it was not so easy.  I tried several times but the addiction was always to much and I would go back to it within a few days.  I had smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for 20 years when she quit.

A few years back I started seeing reports about a new product that replaced the cigarette and all the nasty stuff that tabacco was.  You could still play act at smoking and still get the nicotine but none of the other poisons from the tabaco.  We were now at 28 years of smoking a pack a day and I told myself it was time to give it a try.  I had my doctors blessing and encouragment to go for it - and I did.

I researched several "E-CIG" sites on the internet and choose one and ordered my starter kit.  The day it arrived I read over all the included material, set the battery to charge over night, woke the next morning and smoked my last tobaco cigarette, took my first draw on the ecig and haven't looked back since!

As of today I am 447 days tobaco free! AND if I did the math right I have saved $1,841.90 by switching.  Now I still have spent money to feed my nicotine addiction (reflected in the $$ amount above) but no where near what I had been spending.

I love my ecigs.  I love that I don't smell like smoke any more, I love that I am saving money, and I love that I have cut my pack a day tobaco addiction down to the equivilant of 1/4 a pack of nicotine.  Of course, I will someday quit that too, but for now I am happy with this.

I would LOVE to share these with everyone so I am working on a web store.  The ecig page is up and running.  The other pages aren't ready yet.  PLEASE click this link E-CIGS and you will be taken to my web site.  Once there you can read all about the different companies.  If you click one of the company banners, it will take you to their page. (((YES I do earn a commision by clicking through and ordering))).

I personally deal with SMOKETIP.  I have NOTHING bad to say about this company.

Let me know if you decide to give it a try and what your thoughts are about ecigs.  HAPPY VAPING

~Just Me



No comments:

Post a Comment